<VV> Fwd: engine noise - engine on stand

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Jan 20 15:57:37 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/20/2007 10:27:12 AM Pacific Standard Time,
traceya at montrose.net writes:

Can the  separator
plate be installed upside down? Just an idea before I tear it  down.

Thanks,
Bob

I am not sure what a separator plate is. Any clues? By the way, You said  the
engine is out and on a test stand? Why is there no clutch disc installed? If
you can get to the correct position to adequately install and align the
clutch  disc, you should install it before any further testing. I am wondering what
is  going on with the pressure plate in the clutch cover when the motor is
running  with no "preload" of the clutch disc linings to hold it in place, or at
least,  force it to follow a path. Could the clutch plate (the actual portion
that  engages the disc) be loose enough inside the stamped cover to move
around. It is  not the normal condition of the clutch pressure plate to be
installed with no disc. I would install the disc with a correct alignment  tool,
then test the running again. It's only six shoulder bolts - Seth  Emerson