<VV> 62 to 64 Spyder Sway Bar Swap?

Steve Brennan alohaz at ca.rr.com
Sat Jan 20 18:24:26 EST 2007

I have a 1962 Spyder coupe on which both inner sway bar supports were broken.  Based on a recommendation, I found and purchased the larger 1964 sway bar set-up, including the inner supports and the outer half-clamps (that attached to the lower control arm).  Upon attempting to install the new bar's inner supports, the upper "head" portion appears to be too large for the narrow A-shaped mounting point on my cross member, preventing alignment for the pass-through bolt.  Am I missing something?  (The old rubber bushing is a bit hard, so it does not give much when I try to squeeze it in.)  I would very much appreciate any tips/experience anyone can offer regarding this situation.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Brennan
1962 Spyder Coupe (with as yet unusable 1964 Spyder swaybar)