<VV> rim size.

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 21 16:52:42 EST 2007

Hi, Jon,

Seth (always quicker than me) answered your questions, but there's more to
the question than those dimensions.  In particular, there's offset.  Also
important is the diameter of the pilot hole in the center of the wheel.  It
must fit the hub to keep the wheel centered.

See http://autoxer.skiblack.com/tires.html for an excellent discussion of
the subject.

Roger

PS:  The 4.75" GM bolt circle is really close to 120mm, a common BMW bolt
circle.  There are strongly held opinions on both sides about whether you
can run these wheels safely on a Corvair.  The diameters are off by about
.026".  Whether this terminally abuses the lug bolts really depends on how
far it is from the hub surface to the edge of the lug nut