<VV> Ignition help 63 Monza

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Jan 21 20:13:44 EST 2007

Well, first off, there is no accessory terminal on the early Corvair
ignition switch. Maybe the black wire was added later, say when the
generic switch was added, and goes to some accessory like a radio.

The violet wire goes to the starter to engage the solenoid.

The red wire brings 12 volts to the switch all the time.

The dark green wire runs everything except the starter solenoid in the
early Corvair.

So, leave the black wire disconnected and see what doesn't work.

Then connect the black wire to the dark green wire and everything will
work when the switch is on.

Negative voltage makes no sense here, unless it goes to some circuit
with a capacitor, like a radio. Even then...

Measure the voltage on the + terminal of the ignition coil and see if it
goes away when the spark fails. If not, the points circuit is acting up.
If it does go away, measure the voltage on the dark green wire at the
switch.

Frank DuVal