<VV> 140 woes...continued

Cash Case cash.case at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 22 09:20:42 EST 2007

So... a week or so ago I sent an email asking about what would make
my engine run like crap. The left bank was not firing. It only fired
when the secondaries opened up.

Some of your suggestions were clogged carbs. I took that carb off and
opened it up. I expected rusty junk from the tank. Nope! it was
something that looked fiberous, like some kind of grass like plant.
It was stuck in the brass fitting at the bottom of the bowl. I can't
remember what it's called, but I unscrewed it and pulled it out and
got some tweezers to pull the stuff out of it. I then put it all back
together and started it up. It ran a lot better but it's still a bit
rough. I have no idea what it was that I pulled out of the driver's
side primary carb. No rust though. I ran it around for a bout ten
minutes and it ran ok. It ran a little rough at fairly high
revolutions and stumbled. Later it started to run a little crappy
again. I'm going to take both carbs apart and i'll bet I find junk in
both of them again. I'm going to install a glass inline filter, but
I'm confused. The gold stone filters are installed. How could
something as big as what I pulled out of the bottom of the bowl get
into the carb through the gold stone. Is there something inside the
carb that could be coming apart?

Cash Case, Art guy -
www.cashcase.us

"English doesn't borrow from other languages.
English follows other languages down dark alleys,
knocks them over, and goes through their
pockets for loose grammar."