<VV> Corvettes> Not so fast, G.I.!

ChiefTAM at aol.com ChiefTAM at aol.com
Mon Jan 22 10:49:27 EST 2007

Don't know if I agree with all of this.  I have owned and driven Fords  and
Chevys.  I bought a 77 L82 Corvette new, loaded with everything, for  $9598.00
and for the day, it was reasonable in power and average in  economy.  I now
own a new C6.  Fantastic car.  Fast, Powerful,  Efficient!  You can buy a new
base 2007 Vette, which is a dang good car,  for under $40,000.00 which is the
best performance bang for the buck you will  find.  My C6 costs me less to
insure than my Ford F250 or our Hyundia  Sonata, at $331.00 for six months.  I kept
hearing on BJ that you could by  a Mustang Shelby, that isn't near the car a
C6 is, for something over  $36,000.00, if you can find one for that.  Now,
given a choice between a  Mustang GT - Shelby and a Corvette, with a difference
of less than $4000.00, I  would come up with the extra cash and pick the Vette
everytime.  I think a  lot of people would.  Where the Mustang comes in is the
$20,000.00 base V6  models that young ladies and 50-something buy.  Not a bad
car, but that  gives Ford the volume.

Just my .02

Todd in TX