<VV> 140 woes...continued

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 22 11:34:39 EST 2007

Cash, that fibrous stuff can come from a deteriorating fuel pump gasket,
which has fibers in it like you describe. The filter stones are susceptible
to blocking up while appearing to be clear. If this happens, the gasket crud
gets forced past the stone and ends up in the jet and the venturi cluster.
Try blowing through the filter stone, rather than just looking at it, to
determine if it's blocked. Any resistance at all is reason to junk it.
I'd check both primary jets and venturi clusters, were I you. The passage
between the jet and cluster may need to be blown out with compressed air,
too.
Andy Clark
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone