<VV> Anti Skid Failure (NO CORVAIR)

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Tue Jan 23 12:28:18 EST 2007

Bob and Smitty,
    This reminds me that my 51 Hudson Hornet had a  mechanical brake backup
system that operated automatically if the hydraulic  system failed for some
reason and the brake pedal went down much lower than  normal.  The mechanical
linkage was setup to automatically pickup on the  rear emergency brake cables and
mechanically activate the rear brakes just by  pushing down farther on the
brake pedal.  I wish my wife had had that  "ancient" feature on her modern 1989
Beretta when the hydraulics completely  failed and she ended up with a major
dent in the front bumper.
    I STILL think the Hudson idea was a GREAT one,  especially if you're too
busy trying to steer your way out of an impending  disaster to reach down and
pull up on the emergency brake handle.
    Frank "still likes good OLD stuff"  Burkhard

In a message dated 1/22/2007 9:31:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,