<VV> First Econoline PU

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 23 15:28:32 EST 2007

Hey JR, The Falcon econoline was produced from 1961-1967. I traveled
many miles in these POS,s
in southern Illinois while stationed on Scott AFB from 1963-1965.
Being the officer in charge, I was forced to
travel in the front passenger's seat. The seat was okay but the foot
room was and still is horrible with that
engine compartment lid dominating the front floor area. No problem
with front floor space in our FC,s :-)

Chuck Armer
////////////////////////////////

At 02:28 PM 1/23/2007, you wrote:
>Who might know the introduction dates of the Econoline PU VS the
>Corvair PU (either Loadside or Rampside)?
>
>Today I received a "Replica Collection" catalog from Fairfield Mint
>which contains (P 38) a '65 "Custom" Econoline PU.  Statements made
>on that page are making me wonder if they are correct.  One is
>"First Compact Pickup". The other is "These hard working trucks were
>soon copied by Dodge, Chevrolet, and GMC."
>
>Later, JR
>//////////////////////////////////////////////////

CORSA Member
CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
Corvair Atlanta Member
Corvair Atlanta BOD