<VV> need new help

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Tue Jan 23 18:29:43 EST 2007

>When I'm at a dead stop while the car is in gear (like waiting at a
>traffic light), the engine dies. Every time it looks like I have to stop,
>I flip it into neutral before stops,

Where is your idle set ? I had to rebuild the carbs & add a Pertronix II
before my 110/PG would idle more than 10 seconds at a time. Is now at 14
BTDC initial, 850 in N 650 in D warmed up and keeps on going. Still
occasionally drops to 350 in D (think one or more cyl is quitting) when
stopped but no longer stalls & comes right back with a bit more gas. Seems
like a lot of drag from the torque converter (car jumps a bit into gear but
may be result of high idle) - will go down street at 5 mph with foot off
gas. Drives fine.

Paadgett