<VV> strangeness in stering linkage

Edelstein and Payne eandp at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 23 19:32:31 EST 2007

Folks,

      As soon as MIke sent me the email asking the question about whether we bolted the idler arm up on the inside of the "frame", the "light bulb went off". No, we had put it on the outside.  Doran was home from high school today, so a short time later I called him and told him to unbolt the idler arm and put it up on the "inside".  When I got home, we had an operational steering linkage.  So we have now installed the steering box, and we're ready to align the steering and put on the Grant stering wheel.

     Once again, the hard won knowledge of members of this list saves us from tearing our hair out.

                             Travis Payne  65 Monza coupe
                               Raleigh, NC