<VV> RE: Econoline story

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Wed Jan 24 06:52:35 EST 2007

Back in 72, a friend had a 64 econoline van.
I have several memories of that van, mostly bad.
Periodically it would quit running. We would then open the motor
compartment and jam a tire iron in the exhaust maniflold for leverage and
"right" the motor and place some 2x4s between the exhaust manifold and
motor box to hold the motor up. The frame was rotted out. Van always had
the smell of a wood burning stove, and periodically it would burn through
the 2 x 4 s..........
Somewhere along the line the nut holding the steering wheel became missing,
if you were not careful the steering wheel would come
off..............sometimes we would just hand it to the passenger and say
"you drive".
charging system didn't work, we would always carry 3-4 extra batteries and
switch when it quit..............
That van was scarry.........

Gary Swiatowy
Used the van to go to an Alice Cooper/ZZ Top Concert, New Years 1974, in a
snowstorm, during the fuel crisis.