<VV> re: yoke bolts

D. Barry Ellison bars84crx at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 24 14:18:54 EST 2007

Ahhh, NOW I remember what I did.  (TOLD ya I was getting old)  I rebuilt the
rear wheel bearings about 2 years ago and THAT's where I exchanged the yokes
for the 66+ style.

I don't have the stock or 'correct' bolts.  My 'common' grade 8's never
bound up during install, but then they weren't long enough to have shoulders
on them.  The allens I was hoping to use do have a shoulder but they're too
hard to drill.

I have a 6" long T-handled allen which I hope with the angle of the drive
shaft I'll be able to reach the allens.

I'll chase the threads and install the allens for now until I can find
longer headed bolts for drilling.

Seth makes it sound like a bad thing that I'm also using allens for my
aluminum valve covers.  They're just tight enough to flatten the lock washer
against a flat washer which I hope is enough to stop them from coming out.
Seemed to work fine for several years now.  I'll watch it closely.

Thanks for all the responses.

Barry E
Corsa SC
2 lates (1 coupe, 1 vert), 2 earlies (1 coupe, 1 wagon)
Upstate SC