<VV> Need new help

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 18:12:37 EST 2007

A high-performance cam usually requires a higher-than-stock idle speed. Look
at the idle specs for a turbo car compared to the "normal" Corvairs. If I
remember, a 90hp Corvair idle speed is 650 rpm, the 150 turbo is 900 rpm. I
would try speeding up the idle 50 rpm at a time until the car no longer dies
at the stoplights.

This is assuming that your carbs are in good shape otherwise, and don't have
leaking needle valves.

Lonny