<VV> Dang thing won't crank-help 1963, 110

Zane Brock zanebrock at bellsouth.net
Wed Jan 24 21:00:37 EST 2007

Prior to putting on different carb's it would at least idle. When we drove
it for the first time it spit oil out of the oil vent all over the engine
compartment. I dismantled the sheet metal and cleaned everything, repainted
and replaced. I went through a set of 64 carb's that were in better
condition than the originals. They got a full soak, scrub and change out of
the rebuilt parts from the originals. The original carb's had been rebuilt
prior to storage. Carb's were replaced and set up by the manual to the
letter.  New as of today Bosch 7502 plugs .30 gap. New Standard Ignition
points set at .19, rotor and cap. Distributor has been cleaned, advance
oiled, shaft molly'd and replaced and timing set per Mr. LeVeque's online
instructions to the letter. The timing light hits on the money. Pistons 1,3
and 5 don't seam to want to fire up. Pistons 2,4 and 6 blow fire back
through the carb or just spit fuel and carbon.

I have tried the advance at 8, 10, 12 and 14. I have turned the mixture
screw all the way up to 3 full turns trying to get enough fuel to fire up. I
have run the elec fuel pump on both 3 and 4 psi. I am buying Helt's carb
book. Any other thoughts before I take the valve covers off?

Regards,

Zane Brock, Atlanta, GA

zanebrock at bellsouth.net

1963 Monza