<VV> no corvair, just wierd

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Thu Jan 25 12:52:45 EST 2007

At 07:58 PM 1/24/2007, Borrrris at aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 1/23/2007 9:38:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>fry_cook at excite.com writes:
>
>Buriedcar.com is about a 57 Plymouth that was entombed in 57 to be dug  up in
>2007. Anybody out there familiar with that?Don Schaefer65 Corsa  turbo
>

>Yeah, I did see something about that, and remember thinking:  "Schmucks!,
>saved  themselves a hundred dollars by buying a Plymouth  instead of
>a Chevy."
>Can you imagine the interest (and value) that this  would represent
>if they had
>entombed a "57 Chevy instead?

Humm...  for sake of mention, I would certainly *Love* to have that
Plymouth.   I think the '57 and '58 Plymouths are among the BEST
looking cars of the '50s by any measure.

By the way, a 440 Magnum engine will bolt right into a '57
Plymouth.    Sorry, guys... but shoebox Chevys never did anything for
me.   Even as a kid I liked those Mopars.

C'mon...  just take a
look:    http://www.plymouthcentral.com/files/57PF03.jpg

How could you NOT love something with those lines, and fins like
that?    And the gold anodized trim down the sides...?    Wonderful car...

tony..