<VV> slide rule

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Fri Jan 26 21:52:19 EST 2007

At 02:37 PM 1/26/2007, airvair wrote:
>Hey, I still have my slide rule from college. And it still works just as
>good as it did then. No batteries needed! (G)
>
>-Mark

There's something to that batteries thing.    I have a pretty nice
slide rule that I like a lot, bought it at a flea market for 50
cents, which was kinda sad because it's a classy piece that cost some
bucks new.    Obsolete...

Or is it?   My buddy who works for the railroad in the electrics
shops repairing computers on locomotives (Roanoke is and always has
been a railroad town) carries a slide rule with him to work
daily.    Says it comes in handy on occasion, and it always works.

I also recall an interview with an engine builder for a pro race team
Back When, in the '60s, who said he never opened the door to the
machine ship unless he had his slide rule with him.

What worked then should still work now.

tony..