<VV> Re: SPRING SPECS (where do i look?)

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Sat Jan 27 11:48:57 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/27/2007 8:37:44 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
N2VZD at aol.com writes:

now we  are looking for correct measurements of front and rear
springs for a 64  convert ,63 convert , and 63 coupe.  what we really are
working
on at  the moment is the 64 convert he bought restored at carlilse.
any where i  can find this info for him?  i just looked at the tech guide
.assembly guide , and parts book.  parts book shows load , color tape  etc
but not
dimensions.
can anyone help?
thanks , tim  colson

Hi Tim,
Maybe I can help. The spring specs seem to be listed in only one document
(each year) that I am aware of. And even these specs have some confusion/errors,
 but are the best we have.

The Document is Called Chevrolet "Engineering Specifications" and is
exceedingly rare.

Unfortunately, My copies are not at my current location and it will be a
month or so before I will be able to access these documents. I will however be
able to scan and email you the data after that time if you so indicate.

PS, on the 1964s, the rear springs were different from each other.

Regards,
Bob Helt