Fwd: <VV> Wiper Pivots (posts)

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Jan 27 14:19:55 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/27/2007 1:59:13 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tibbitts at qx.net writes:

I have  the wiper linkage out of my 66.  The pivot (post?) on the  driver's
side is a little tight. (rusty)  Can these units be taken  apart?  What is a
good way to free it up, grease it  etc.?

Cliff,  I have always been afraid to disassemble mine because the pot  metal
head is brittle.  But I have had good luck using lots of WD40  until the shaft
turns easily--then I clean everything, wire brush the rusty  linkage parts
and paint them.  Then I spray lots of a Teflon based  lubricant into the shaft
(which holds less grit than an oil based lube).   All of mine remain free (and
sweep quickly) after ten years or more since  this treatment.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Kensington, MD
'64 Brier