<VV> slide rule (No Corvair)

Jim McLott Jim.McLott at DOR.GA.GOV
Sat Jan 27 17:34:51 EST 2007

I've enjoyed everyone's reminisces about slide rules (still have mine, too) but I'm surprised no one wondered "what's wrong with this picture?"  Sarah's original post said

"Last night Rick and I went to Home Depot right beside the Speedway.  In front of us was a group of mechanics for the #85 Porsche team.  In there basket was a pressure treated 4 x6 board maybe about 3 feet long, 6 packages of JB Weld, some slide rules and a small plastic ribbed black hose, and some fine tooth saws."

These guys were buying slide rules at HOME DEPOT???  That must be a very odd Home Depot down there in Daytona.

Jim McLott & Christine, the 1966 Monza convertible wonder-car
Member: CORSA, Corvair Atlanta, Heart of GA Corvairs and Group Red (Ret.)
http://www.wittelaw.com/personal/groupred/mclott.htm