<VV> exhaust tube replacement & choke spring replacement

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 30 15:59:05 EST 2007

 My removal method is to VERY CAREFULLY cut a screwdriver slot in the head of the rivet, then un screw it. Also a couple of light taps with a hammer can help un stick it. If you are careful you can reuse the rivet. I think Clark now sells the rivets??

"Louis C. Armer,Jr." <carmerjr at mindspring.com> wrote:   Hey John, The "rivet" is actually a brad with spiral grooves on it.
The assembly is usually fairly
easy to remove and you then can just replace it with a good used one
or a new reproduction part
from the vendors. You may end up having to use a small self threading
/tapping screw to hold the new
spring plate.

Chuck Armer
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
At 10:37 PM 1/29/2007, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>Been quiet for a while now. A few months back, posted
>for suggestions on removing a corroded exhaust tube.
>Thanks to the help of many of you, I succeeded in
>removing and replacing the offending tube this
>weekend. Only took me about 30 minutes to remember
>the one key posting that I was forgetting - you have
>to remove the head rocker stud to allow the head stud
>enough room to move to get that bugger out of there.
>Anyway, it came out with only small amounts of cursing
>and no blood (rarity). So all in all, thanks for the
>help!
>
>Now, I've had erratic idle speed problems before, but
>.
>Looks like it's held in the head with a rivet? I know
>someone asked this recently, so please, can that
>person reply or if you gave him advice, can you send
>the same to me? I'd like to replace these things
>while the lower shields are off the engine. >Torrance, CA

MIKE KOVACS