<VV> speaker resistance 4 ohm, 8 ohm, 10 ohm??

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 31 21:43:44 EST 2007

I wasn't talking about "volume", or "loudness", as such. I was cautioning
about the dreaded distortion which happens when a marginally capable radio
is asked to double its output power.  Many radios can't handle it without
"clipping" the output audio signal- ergo, distortion. It's especially likely
to distort at higher volume settings favored by the younger of our species.
Sorry if I wasn't clear on that. I can still hear a 3db loss.
Andy Clark
Camano Island, WA.
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone