<VV> REVIVED

Stephen Upham contactsmu at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 01:45:32 EDT 2007

     My father's '65 Monza hardtop, which I inherited,
finally got the last major item necessary for it to
finally be taken out of group red, driven and enjoyed
for the first time in over fourteen years (the last
major trip it took was the Atlanta convention in '92 -
my father and mother).
     The engine was assembled and installed in the car
in my garage today in Dallas, Texas.
     I would like to share with you what a great
Corvair club I belong to; the North Texas Corvair
Association.  Without their help, under the direction
of our Vice President, I would not be anticipating my
first drive.
     They sacrificed  their time, effort and
graciously applied their expertise in pulling off this
monumental task: to completely assemble, install and
tune the engine in one day.
     The engine was fired off at around 7:00 this
evening.

    To all of you on the vv and fv, and ESPECIALLY the
members of the NTCA who lent of themselves today to do
what I could have never done alone: THANK YOU.  Your
advise, support, and encouragement have meant
everything to the success that we, as a team, had
today.  Rest well tonight knowing that you have been a
part of getting another of one of the most original,
interesting, and fun cars that America ever produced
back where it should be: on the road, and making me
one very proud and grateful Corvair owner.

Sincerely,

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas
Corvairium 2

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza Hardtop 110
Sierra Tan, originally (currently Copper) - Saddle,
PG, A/C, original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air
filter, vertical bumper guards, rust free, w/ 77K (I
will miss not being able to keep it low milage - but
will enjoy driving it more !)