<VV> Lower Shrouds

David George dgeorge at heritage-consultants.com
Sun Jul 1 21:13:10 EDT 2007

Thanks to all who answered my lower shroud question. I am definitely going to pull them off for the summer next weekend and wire the doors open. I had them off today to clean them out and take a peek at the heads. Heads pretty clean underneath but can see flash up there and poked a coat hangar up in some places and debris came out. So, looks like debris under the upper shroud for sure and has fallen into the heads. Will clean that out next weekend and maybe attempt deflashing, at least partially. Still, had the car out for about 50 miles today (3/4 of it highway at 65 mph). No overheating and the car ran well, but noticed the slightest bit of pinging when I turned down my street to come home this evening. Hopefully cleaning the motor out good next weekend will reduce the heat load and the pinging, that and setting the timing back a bit. Thanks again!

Dave
Newington, CT