<VV> Re: Stephen's new Ride

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 2 10:05:51 EDT 2007

Cliff, et al,
	I would love nothing better.  Unfortunately, during the assembly
process, we weren't able to find the top cover of the 12 plate oil
cooler.  I'm going strictly by the book.  Before it leaves the
garage, the cover will be in place.  I've located a gentleman who has
one for sell about 60 miles south of here.  I hope that he can locate
and ship the part today priority mail so that I could have it by
tomorrow or Wednesday.  I also want to connect my oil temperature
sensor and that will mean dropping the rear motor mount bracket and
the rear skid plate in order to hopefully be able to reach the
connection at the base of the engine.  In addition, I need to figure
out a way to attach my thermocoupler and lead to the #3 and 4 spark
plug bases.  It will mount between the spark plug ring and the base
of the plug, and then, the lead (about 1/8" -hopefully- hole will be
necessary to pass the two lead ends) will run up past/thorough the
spark plug boot.  My main concern is loosing my seal for the
compression chamber; I mean the boots fit tight for a reason, right?
Anyway, that is the situation right now.
I will keep you posted as to the progress.