<VV> RE:..airbags for FC

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 18:51:28 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/3/2007 2:19:47 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
nalllm at verizon.net writes:

We I  added airbags to my Duallie with "C'd" frame / slammed 7".....only 2
leafs...,  I just measured..and went to the local FLAPDS and bought  the
add-on style.....

The aftermarket Air bags are set up for either insertion into a coil spring
(won't usually work with a shock inside) or a pad mount - where the bag is
captured top and bottom. The second type needs room to expand sideways - as
least a little, so placement on the spring (for leafs) or a control arm - like
would be used on an FC, is critical. Have you checked out an air-shock
installation. There might be one (hi-jackers?) that would work either as a
replacement or an add-on in the FC rear suspension. There were aftermarket, and  maybe
factory add-on leafs which would increase carrying capacity. Perhaps those
would work, if you could find some. I gotta add that when I saw the Subject
title "airbags for an FC" - I couldn't help thinking "Airbags? Now the FC would
be the perfect vehicle for driver's side and passenger side air bags.  -  Seth