<VV> Re: brakes and bags

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 3 20:11:45 EDT 2007

Canada Joel asked:

>If you were looking at putting an airbag type suspension in the rear of an FC, what car/truck uses a similar set up that you might be able to adapt?

First, in this era of disc brakes on nearly everything, one tends to
forget that drum brakes need to sort of seat in to get that great hard
pedal "feel" -- drive it.

And it helps to tell us what type of airbag one has in mind -- I seem to
recall some links to photos on this list of abnormal proportions. Do you
want helper springs, like air shocks, or do you want a lowrider
suspension with a pump, controls, and so on to park your ride down "ON"
the pavement ?  Or do you want bags like an air ride Freightliner?

All different sorts --specificity would help.

Bill S