<VV> Turbo alignment

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Tue Jul 3 20:29:40 EDT 2007

I think I found the problem with my turbo alignment: The outlet exhaust pipe
was slightly rotated which caused the turbo to cock sideways ever so
slightly.  That 1 degree twist resulted in the air cleaner end of the
program being shifted to the rear more than an inch.  I didn't think to
loosen that connection; I only loosened the turbocharger base and support
bracket.  With the outlet pipe allowed to move to a new position, the air
cleaner support now sits properly on the left front cylinder head bolt and
the turbo is square to the engine.  Thanks to all who replied with
suggestions.

Bob Gilbert:  If your turbo is misaligned up and down, the large clamp on
the turbo can be loosed and the entire compressor side can be rotated to
align to the manifold in an up and down direction.  I don't have much to
suggest if it is a left/right misalignment.

Thanks to all,

Craig Nicol