<VV> Bolt Interference?

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 5 09:49:11 EDT 2007

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered the problem where the end of the front LM PG pan bolts come in contact with the transmission mounting cross member just prior to being tight enough to keep the pan from leaking? While the solution is simply adding a washer, I wish the PO had thought of that prior to breaking the head off the bolt :-(. It explains the transmission leak, but now leaves me trying to figure out how to get the steel bolt out of the aluminum housing without ancillary damage. It seems that something might be out of adjustment or alignment for this to occur? Thanks for any input.
Grant