<VV> Bolt Interference?

Lonny Clark lclarkpdx at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 14:07:38 EDT 2007

And it usually does come out, because drilling out the bolt left-handed also
heats it up and if you're oiling the bit, the hot oil gets in the threads
and helps too. If you use left-handed bits in progressively larger sizes you
can ALWAYS get the bolt out (provided you don't break off the bit). In the
worst case, the last drill bit you use is the same size as the threads of
the bolt hole. If you get up to this size, the remainder of the bolt can be
pulled out like a spring.

Lonny