<VV> oil pressure problems? followup

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm at greatnortherncorp.com
Fri Jul 6 10:54:09 EDT 2007

Guys,
Regarding my oil pressure warning light:  To recap, I spritzed degreaser onto my engine - then rinsed it clean with (low pressure) water.  The following day my oil pressure warning light started lighting up shortly after starting the engine.
Yesterday I replaced the oil pressure sender.  Even having to unbolt the alternator it only took ten to fifteen minutes.  It works fine now; it seems there was a short induced in the sender.  Perhaps I could have cleaned it out; I decided to discard it instead.
Thanks for the suggestions; as always.
Andy K.