<VV> E-bay Rip-off Artists!

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Fri Jul 6 11:50:33 EDT 2007

Hello Fellow Corvairians!

I thought you might like to see how an e-bay rip-off works. These scum-bags
take an ad for a nice car (they are using lots of Corvairs now) that didn't
sell and copy the ad, set a very low price and then try to scam the buyer
out of his money. They used my recent ad for a 69 convertible twice last
week. I immediately reported it to e-bay and they removed it both times. I
responded to an obvious fake copy of a 65 turbo Corsa convertible yesterday
with tongue firmly in cheek and got the response below. Just remember, if
the ad looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is a scam!

Ken Maxwell

Louisville, KY

69 Convertible

69 500