<VV> hand controls and stick shift

ScottyGrover at aol.com ScottyGrover at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 18:58:40 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/6/2007 3:47:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
jb30343 at navix.net writes:

Why not  mount the clutch control ON the shifter.  Left hand for steering,
throttle, brakes via a joystick.  Right hand for shifting/clutch, radio,
heater, wipers...  --J.B.

> From: "Matt Nall"  <nalllm at verizon.net>
> Subject: Re: <VV> hand controls and  stick shift
>
>  For a clutch, if Scotties RIGHT foot is  still strong enough....we'd just
run
> the  " Throttle" linkage to  the clutch pedal!
>
> What??  you say to "busy" for his  right hand..depressing the clutch while
> moving the  shifter......
>
> Then make the Hand control on the left  side!
>
> But..he doesn't feel comfortable letting go of the  wheel to move the
>  shifter.????

Let's try this again.  My left leg works the clutch just fine.   The problem
is that I am grossly overweight and my paunch interferes with my  legs in the
sense that I can't get my knees together well. My right knee is  splayed out
so that I am only able to apply the brake pedal on its edge,  pressing left as
well as down.  Also, I was walking across the street a few  years ago and was
hit by a car--raising h**l with my right knee so that I can't  or don't move
my foot from the gas to the brake as rapidly as I think I ought  to.  That's a
little bit scary.

Does that make better sense to you?

Scotty from Hollyweird