<VV> e-bay Rip-off Update

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Sat Jul 7 07:26:29 EDT 2007

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd update you on the e-bay scammer. I kept leading him along
to see how much information I could get out of him. I said I needed to look
at the car and he finally told me it was at a shipping company in Baltimore.
I checked and of course the company didn't exist but I told him my
brother-in law lived there and was willing to check the car out for me.
Guess what, "privacy" issues prevented him from showing me the car! I then
saw he had relisted the car on e-bay, using a different e-bayer's seller's
name (he steals passwords with fake e-bay requests for info) and a different
e-mail address. He always says not to use the e-bay e-mail contact because
it's not working for some reason (the e-mails go to a confused e-bay seller
who didn't list the car). He lists his "real" e-mail contact in big blue
letters to bypass this problem. This same group of scammers use all sorts of
ads for all types of cars. I saw one yesterday with exactly the same setup
on a very nice looking Javelin (same buy-it-now price of $7,500). These
scumbags must keep e-bay really hopping because the ads only stay up a short
time before they are reported or spotted by e-bay themselves. They used to
use really high dollar cars but I guess even the most gullible buyer would
suspect a $50,000-$100,000 car selling for only $7,500! I wonder how many
e-bayers are actually ripped off by these thieves? It must be profitable to
them or they wouldn't go to all the trouble. Just remember, buyer beware!

Ken Maxwell

Louisville, KY

69 Convertible

69 500