<VV> LM Doors

D. Monasterio dmonasterio at megared.net.mx
Tue Jul 10 09:49:42 EDT 2007

    67 doors have a different bolt patern, from 65-66s. 25 years ago I installed 67 doors on a 65 body shell using using 65s hinges. It was easier to adapt the 65 hinges to 67 doors than 67 hinges to the 65 body. I agree about 67 hinges are better than 65s but mine are still working fine. The bolt patern on the body is different too.

   Daniel

<<I can't vouch for the mating points on the door jamb pillar, though I am
reasonably certain the door itself is different. If the pillars are the
same and it's just the door that was changed, then a '65-6 car might use
'67 doors with '67 hinges. Anybody out there who's tried that for sure?>>