<VV> flywheel inspection

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Wed Jul 11 12:15:37 EDT 2007

I'm getting ready to reinstall my bellhousing, clutch, and flywheel tomorrow.  I bought a new clutch from clarks but the clutch had very few miles on it so I'm just putting the pressure plate and flywheel back on the same way they came off.

I read somewhere that you should drop the flywheel from about an inch or so and it should "ring" not "clunk".  I have what I believe is the "bolted" flywheel.. and it did not ring.  What should I do now?  I can post a picture of the flywheel if there is any uncertainty as to what type it is.  I'm no mechanic so keep it simple!

The engine is question is from a 65' Corsa with a 66' four speed.

Thanks!

Ray Rodriguez III
CORSA member
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe undergoing restification
www.myspace.com/vairnuts