<VV> flywheel inspection

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 17:49:09 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/11/2007 9:16:11 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
reray at echoes.net writes:

I read  somewhere that you should drop the flywheel from about an inch or so
and it  should "ring" not "clunk".  I have what I believe is the "bolted"
flywheel.. and it did not ring.  What should I do now?  I can post a  picture of
the flywheel if there is any uncertainty as to what type it  is.  I'm no
mechanic so keep it simple!

The engine is question is  from a 65' Corsa with a 66' four speed.

Thanks!

Ray Rodriguez  III

Hi Ray,
Don't drop the flywheel, but place it on the bench, standing up and gently
strike it with a hammer. If good, it won't ring, but will sound similar. If bad
 it will thunk, clunk or rattle.
If rivited, junk it or bolt it.
Regards,
Bob Helt