<VV> Re: [VV-talk] Oil pressure test subject.

Ken Campbell deltainc at grm.net
Thu Jul 12 14:39:47 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "RI Corviar" <ricorvair at cox.net>
.

> Thanks to all.  I put in 20W50.  So far, so good. Initial pressure is a
> little higher, and it does not drop as low.  So for now its good.
> Hopefully it will buy me enough time to find a replacement vehicle.
**********
Gauge pressure readings are an indication of back pressure ....  so thicker
oil to get higher gauge pressure just means less flow ... hmmmm .... owch
....   probably useful if you are showing your car to a potential buyer
..... (g) .....  but if your gauge used to read more, but less now, with the
same oil, probably getting more ( toomuch????? ) clearances.

Hey if you can hear your crankshaft thumping, ... anybody know how much
clearance  that might indicate .... to heck with plasti-gauge .... set them
with a decible meter ...

Same thing for "Boost" on your turbo gauge ... an engine that just doen't
breath very well will show more back manifold pressure ( boost, that is
.... ) than a deep breather.