<VV> Have a Heart

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Thu Jul 12 21:41:58 EDT 2007

If anyone out there wants to drive home from the
Convention in Sterling Heights in a nice Corvair
convertible, I have a special event that you might be
interested in. Randy and Judy Hook from our Keystone
Corvair Club in PA recently were forced to sell their two
early model Corvairs. You see Judy has a heart ailment and
is on a waiting list for a new heart to be transplanted at
UPMC in Pittsburgh as soon as one becomes available. To
qualify for financial aid for this life saving operation
they could only have one licensed vehicle. Soooo, I have a
nice Alabama 1963 Monza convert that will be sold at a
"Silent Auction" in the parking lot at the convention. Any
money collected over the opening bid will be returned to
Randy and Judy as a gift. The opening bid will be exactly
what I have in the car when it hits the Parking lot at the
Sterling Inn. My goal is start the bidding at less than
$1000. The car needs a repaint (white), but it is very
solid. It has a newer black top and nice red seats (thanks
to Larry Claypool - my buddy!). There will be a new
Clark's red carpet in it and whatever else I can scrounge
up as the 23rd draws near. The car has a good running 80
HP engine with dual exhaust and a four speed trans. The
way a silent auction works is that you look at the bid
sheet and see what the high bid currently is. Put your
name and your bid on the next line and wait to see if
someone out bids you. This is even more fun than eBay!!
See me at Sterling Inn from Tuesday through Saturday if
you want any other info. Winning bid to be announced
Saturday at 3PM. Thanks for the bandwidth and please, Have
a Heart! - Caveman Pete in Slippery Rock