<VV> Rusted Brake Drum

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 13 17:59:57 EDT 2007

There are a couple of round holes in the face of the drums.  I've had
success (at least on the rears) with wedging and pounding progressively
larger screwdrivers in those holes, use penetrant (WD40 - liquid wrench - PB
Blaster - whatever) EVERYWHERE in there.  Essentially the shoes are rusted
onto the drums.  Work the screwdriver(s) in and use it (them) to pry.  You
will stretch those holes, but it sounds as if the drums are junk, anyway.
You can also put 2 lug nuts on and place a pry bar between to see if you can
get the drum to turn.  Be careful not to break the studs (but if you do
there are more <GRIN>).  Once you can get some rotational movement, even
just a little, things should progress from there fairly quickly toward your
goal.

Let us hear back what your final solution becomes.

Later, JR
CCE and CORSA member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater 500 Coupe "icemobile" 4/140 (50%)