<VV> Rear Alignment Question

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 18:23:02 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/13/2007 10:14:00 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
gyoungwolf at earthlink.net writes:

I have  installed all new nylon bushings in the rear suspension of a 1965
convertible  (and a new motor mount).

Hi Grant,
OH OH, I hope that I have read you wrong. I sure hope that you have NOT
installed four nylon bushings in the ends of the two lower (rear) control arms.
Please tell me that you didn't.

If by chance that you did, PLEASE remove the nylon bushings at the outboard
ends and replace them with rubber ones. Running all four nylon bushings is
just  setting a time bomb for them to pull the brackets apart and finally cause a
loss  of control. The Corvair rear suspension is designed to have some
compliance  provided by the four rubber bushings. Nylon ones have no compliance and
will  eventually cause a failure.

Regards,
Bob Helt