<VV> Headlights

JVHRoberts at aol.com JVHRoberts at aol.com
Sat Jul 14 07:44:37 EDT 2007

Define 'best'.

For lighting performance, the Cibie CSRs are hands down the best. Expensive
as all get out, but you will NEVER have better headlights.

Next are Cibie, Hella, or Bosch E code headlights. More affordable, and
still WAY better than any sealed beam out there.

If 'best' means for the money, go with a good E code headlight with
replaceable bulbs.

And as far as I am concerned, adding relays and better wiring is a great  way
to make any headlights work better. Since lumen output goes with the 3.5
power of voltage, (and the stock harness drops a fair bit of voltage!) you WILL
see an improvement, and with E code headlights, you sometimes need to do  this
because on high beams, the breaker in some headlight switches will start to
cycle.

See: _Daniel Stern Lighting  Consultancy and Supply_
(http://www.danielsternlighting.com/)

More on this than you thought you EVER wanted to know, and he sells Cibie
headlights.

In a message dated 7/13/2007 10:38:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,