<VV> corvair

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 15 13:56:35 EDT 2007

Willy,
   I'd say you were very lucky. I will assume you blew out the seal in the master cylinder or blew one of the brake lines. The action is to check the master cylinder. If it is empty, put fluid in and step on the pedal again few times. Carefully look under the car for fluid leaking. If there is some, there lies your problem. If no amount of pedal pumping will bring the brake pedal up and there is no fluid leak, I'd suggest it is time for a new master Cyl.

   If you haven't gone through the brake system, now may  the time. I'm sure others will chime in with similar suggestions, perhaps better.

   let us know the results.

Mai-Brit Lindstad <mlind at online.no> wrote:
  Hi! I have a corvair Monza Spider Turbo Convertible 1963. suddenly when
I put my feet on the breakpedal it just went right in and no more
brakes. Do you have an ideè what happened ? best regards Willy Olsen at
domoceanraft at hotmail.com