<VV> Towing with an FC

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Jul 15 21:39:15 EDT 2007

Hopefully someone can give you the official Chevy answer.  When I
asked a similar question, the experienced FC hands gave me a number
of replies.  1000 pounds appears to be no real problem.  Folks have
towed considerably more, but you must consider strengthening the
bumper for the hitch and te vehicle needs to be in top shape.  In any
case, you should be sure of your brakes and cooling, and make some
adjustments to your driving style.

I will add that it also depends on the FC in question, and how loaded
it is.  Consider the total weight of the rig and weight distribution
too.  An FC is not an ideal tow vehicle, the wheelbase is quite short
and they are pretty light, the exact opposite of the "bigger is
better" ideal.

--Bryan