Fwd: <VV> convert door wedges

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jul 17 10:56:35 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/15/2007 9:10:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
johngull at bellsouth.net writes:

Anyone know if the door wedges are supposed to be close in contact as the
shims I ordered from Clarks are not going to take up the gap. I have both
wedges in place but there seems to be a large gap.

The wedges should not have any gap when the door is closed.  The metal and
plastic parts on the door and body are supposed to be jammed together to stiffen
the body.  If you have both then no shims should be needed as the body will
sage at each end making the gap narrower when the doors are open.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Kensington MD
'64 Greenbrier