<VV> '69 directional flasher question

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 17 19:41:42 EDT 2007

 I have an unusual problem. The 4 way flashers work fine indicating all bulbs are good. However when I try either L or R directional, there is only one click, one bright directional light flash followed by a weak click and weak light flash followed usually by a fluttering of the light and then nothing.

   I get the same mild click when the flasher attached to the fuse block is removed!  What the heck is making the click under the dashboard? I need an assistant to monitor the lights as I cant be under the dash and outside at the same time

   I have 3 '69's and can experiment tomorrow with swapping stuff. However the question is "Is there only one flasher attached to the fuse block for both the 4 way and the directional?" The '69 schematic seems to indicate it.

MIKE KOVACS