<VV> Glove box door lock

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Jul 17 23:20:44 EDT 2007

IIRC the glove box lock uses oval tumblers, not the typical "h" shaped
tumblers of the door, ignition, etc locks.

The replacement glove box lock cylinders come preloaded with the
tumblers, and you insert your key and grind the tumblers sticking out to
"re-key" to match your key. Sounds crazy? You bet! So if you can
dissassemble the replacement lock to the cylinder stage, just insert
your key and grind to fit. Filing may be a better method, it is soft
brass tunblers.

Frank DuVal