<VV> Light switch removal tool - wanted

George Jones 65crownv8 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 16:47:34 EDT 2007

Seth,

If you're very careful, you can use a set of needle nose pliers, or outside
snap ring pliers to loosen the trim nut. One hint, when you're trying to
loosen it, push in on the dash, it helps a little.

<snip>
The Corvair headlight switch is attached (on the late model, at least) by a
round trim nut, threaded externally on the front to screw into the switch
and on  the back to allow a trim piece/bezel to screw down over it. I
believe the round  trim nut is tightened down by engaging it with a special
tool that has a pair of  pins sticking out to slide into the matching pair
of holes in the round  trim nut. There is no hex to use with a wrench, just
the round surfaces. Does anyone make that tool? Or know where one might be
available? I  had to shift the headlight switch location slightly to clear
the roll cage  tubing. The hole has been trimmed to allow the switch
location, but I don't have exactly the right tool to tighten the nut. I know
I can just screw on the trim piece/bezel and tighten it with a huge
screwdriver, but I thought I would see if anybody had the correct tool. -
Seth Emerson

--
George Jones