<VV> Buying a corvair engine Please help.

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Jul 19 12:23:13 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/19/2007 8:22:52 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
HallGrenn at aol.com writes:

I would  include the bellhousing as part of a complete Corvair engine because
you  can't seal the oil pan without one.  But the starter is an extra in any
case I can think of.  The rebuilt V6's I've purchased certainly  didn't come
with
a starter.  Or a flex plate or flywheel  either.

Bob Hall

Also, on the Corvair motor, it is hard to move one around without the
bellhousing on it. Of course, you have a 50/50 chance of it being the wrong
bellhousing anyway - stick vs. PG, not to mention early/late differences.  As to the
starter - Well - it cannot be installed without the differential being
installed, so I would say "not included" - unless identified as such in the ad.  -
Seth