<VV> 1966 turbo

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Jul 20 15:42:17 EDT 2007

Umm,

The exhaust turbine  is part of the shaft, onto which is bolted the
intake compressor impeller. They have to turn the same...

Is the nut loose? Or is the compressor impeller spinning on the shaft?

Most of the ones I have worked with do not spin when assembled, as there
is a heat shield and spring that add drag when cold (at least that is
what I have read).

Frank DuVal